Martin D-28 1937 Authentic - Madagascar Rosewood 2013
Perhaps the most revered vintage D-28s are the ones made by Martin in 1937 with forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, Adirondack red spruce soundboard and a 1 3/4" neck width. This addition to Martin's Authentic series is a recreation of the original 1937 model offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides.
Martin initially brought out the 1930s Authentic series D-28 with Brazilian Rosewood back & sides and a hefty price tag. Martin later brought out the 1937 D-28 model, now offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides. These instruments are a terrific homage to the originals from 1937.
It is in virtually unplayed, mint condition.
- Forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4”
- Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint – Hide Glue
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Top Braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16”
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: 28 Style Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel
- Scale Length: 25.4”
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16”
- Saddle: 16” Radius/Long Bone
Beautiful tone– great action, with ample saddle height to adjust the action as desired.
Condition: Near Mint
Serial Number: 1770043
Case: Original Martin HSC
For more information please call, chat, or email.
A Killer Guitar
Guaranteed to zap your socks off!
Contact us for High Resolution Photos, Audio Samples and more!
All our Guitars are packed with the greatest care and sent via the fastest possible courier method. All our shipments are fully insured.
Please notify us within 48 hours of receiving you purchase if you are unhappy in any way and we can arrange a return or exchange (return shipping fees apply).